Tuesday, April 12, 2011

J is for I LOST MY JOB!

A re-post from October 2010, by request.

I LOST MY JOB!



So I lost my missionary position, but that's all right, it was entry-level anyway and kinda boring.

I found an ad in the paper for a boob job, went and applied, they said I didn't meet their minimum applicant requirements, so I went next door, where they had a new blow job opening. That one fit me, and they sent me back next door to help with the boob job, but I didn't last long and had trouble getting up the second day and I wound up getting laid off.

After that I went downtown to the government offices to apply for a hand job.

"You can do this at home," she said, "but the pay's not that high."

I told her I didn't mind the low pay -- something beats nothing, right -- and since I can set my own hours and work at my own pace, I've managed to squeeze out a lot more than she probably thought I could.

I'm an over-achiever like that.



All this is for the damned A-Z challenge issued forth by Alex J. Cavanaugh et al

For my part, I shall be writing anecdotes -- A is for Anecdote!

This, dear friends, is my favorite sort of storytelling. Even my characters tell anecdotes about their lives.


- Eric

6 comments:

Brenda Drake said...

Bwahahaha! That's too funny. Excuse me while I get something to clean the spewed coffee off my computer screen. Great post and good luck with the challenge this month! :D

N. R. Williams said...

You take the cake on job skills.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium.

Roland D. Yeomans said...

But look at the resume you now can write. LOL. This post deserved an encore. Have a great day, Roland

dolorah said...

That was fun :)

......dhole

Wendy Tyler Ryan said...

Next time you apply for a job for real, be careful which resume you hand in.

Jai Joshi said...

With this economy you have to take what you can get.

Jai