Monday, February 22, 2010

When do you write?

When do you write?

Some authors need noise and chaos and tend to write in a public place, such as a coffee shop or a restaurant.

Some write at night. Some write in the evening. Some write nine-to-five for a living, only during business hours.

Me, I write in the small hours of the morning. I drag my ass out of bed at 4:30AM, take a piss off the back patio, let the dog take a piss, and then the dog and I cuddle up on the couch and write until everyone wakes up that morning.

I can't write with the television on, or with other distractions. For me, writing is a sleep-disease, from which I must fully suffer before I can write anything of worth. It's those wee-hour writings that resonate the best for me.

But, that's just me.

- Eric

No comments: