Monday, November 1, 2010
Eric's Writing Desk
All right you knuckers, you asked for it. Here's my writing area for Summer's Lazy Fest.
I took a picture with me in it but I cut that one because I look fat and I am NOT fat, dammit.
If you read the numbers, here are what they mean.
1) Smithwick's + Guinness = (what)? Bonus if you know the proper terms for this mix. For inspiration. This is inarguably the most important thing in writing, thus the #1 in my list.
2) Current WIP. Ongoing, soon to be deleted and completely re-written, again, as is my modis operandi.
3) Wife's skivvies, for inspiration, enhanced by the effects of #1. Lots of inspiration in those things, often more than I can handle.
4) Bills I hope to pay when I hit the BS (best-seller's) list. Total of about $4k, which is far more than most writers make.
5) Cable box. Because this is the closet, and they put cable boxes in the closet.
6) Shorts. I hang my shorts. Don't ask. My wife started that crap.
7) Fan, because the closet gets hot.
8) Desk I hate. I will eventually destroy it with a 3lb sledge and burn it down to the nails.
9) Speakers, blasting She Fucking HATES ME! by Puddle of Mudd, which is my theme song.
10) Current read, Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land, because my WIP is a Sci-Fi and I read only the best during my writing-slash-drinking binges.
Now you have the 10 variables for the genius equation. Don't abuse them, or if you do, at least give proper credit to Eric W. Trant at Digging with the Worms...
What do you use for inspiration? Does Guinness inspire you? Have you ever had Shiner Bock? Why is beer known as The Great Motivator? Can I see your (or your wife's) skivvies?